Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will conduct Group D Exam on behalf of Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) for various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various units of Indian Railways.
The RRC Group D Recruitment process will involve the following stages of examination:
· Computer Based Test (CBT)
· Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
· Document Verification and Medical
Phase 1: RRB Group D Level-1 Computer Based Test (CBT)
Based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Test (CBT), they would be required to go for the PET/Document Verification. The examination duration and number of questions for CBT are indicated below:
General Science 25
Intelligence & Reasoning 30
General Awareness 20
Time in Minutes - 90
· The Question Papers shall be of objective multiple-choice type.
· Each question will be of one mark each.
· The standard of questions for the Single Stage CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
· There will be negative marking and 1/3 mark shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
· The section wise distribution given in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variations in the actual question papers.
· Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS40%, OBC (Non creamy layer) -30%, SC-30%, ST-25%. These percentages of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
RRB Group D Level I Syllabus
a) RRB Group D Syllabus: Mathematics
Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
b) RRB Group D Syllabus: General Intelligence and Reasoning
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
c) RRB Group D Syllabus: General Science
The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level (CBSE).
d) RRB Group D Syllabus: General Awareness on Current Affairs
General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subject of importance.
Phase 2: RRB LEVEL 1 POSTS PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TESTS (PET)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
Should be able to lift and carry 35 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down ; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
Should be able to lift and carry 20 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
1) The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) are exempted from appearing for PET. However, after qualifying in the CBT, such candidates will have to pass the medical examination prescribed for PwBD.
2) It is the candidates’ responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit enough to attempt the PET. Railways will not be responsible for any injury/harm suffered by candidates as a result of participating in the PET.
As per the recent notification, RRB has made ammendment regarding the Physical Efficiency Test (PET):"The Physical Efficiency Test (PET) consists of two stages. To ensure uniformity, candidates will be tested for Carrying of Weight to specified distance in specified time first and if successful in this test, for the Running Test after a recovery gap. Failing in the first Test, i.e. Weight carrying will mean elimination at that stage itself. The Weight carrying test will involve lifting a sand bag (without any handle) from a bench/platform at around waist height and carrying it in whichever manner candidate wants to carry above the ground till the destination point without dropping the sandbag on ground."
Phase 3: Document Verification (DV) and Medical Examination
Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options. It may also be noted that all candidates successful in Document Verification (DV) are sent for medical examination. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates. Candidates may please note that RRBs/RRCs only recommend names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway Administrations.
As per the recent notification, RRB has made ammendment regarding the Document Verification & Empanelling of Candidates: “Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates 1.05 times (i.e. number of extra candidates to be called for Document Verification shall be 5% beyond the number of notified vacancies) the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.”
RRB Group D Coaching, Railway Coaching, Competitive Exam
Mangalore, Udupi, Puttur