Get 30% off this month when you try our services!
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts many exams every year for the recruitment of various posts in various government departments and offices. One of the most popular exams that SSC conducts every year is the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level exam, popularly known as the SSC CHSL exam.
This exam is conducted for the recruitment of Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators (DEO), Postal Assistants, Sorting Assistants, etc. As there are so many posts under this exam, lakhs of candidates appear for this exam every year.
SSC CHSL is a highly competitive exam. To clear the exam, one must possess a clear knowledge of the SSC CHSL exam pattern. The SSC CHSL exam pattern has changed a bit from last year. In this article, we will provide you with detailed SSC CHSL Exam Pattern.
As mentioned above, there are three stages in SSC CHSL exam:
a. SSC CHSL Tier 1 – Computer Based Written Examination
b. SSC CHSL Tier 2 – Descriptive Test
c. SSC CHSL Tier 3 – Skill Test / Typing Test for the posts of DEO, PA/SA, LDC, and Court Clerk
SSC CHSL Tier 1
It will be an Objective Multiple Choice Exam which will be conducted online. The exam comprises of four sections having 100 questions (25 questions in each section) which will account for a total of 200 marks (maximum 50 marks in each section). The time duration of Tier-1 exam will be 60 minutes.
Part I - English Language (Basic Knowledge)
Part II - General Intelligence
Part III - Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
Part IV - General Awareness
SSC CHSL Tier 2
This Tier has a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the students in English/Hindi. The Paper would have an essay to be written in 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 percent. The performance in Tier-II would be incorporated for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many articles from various sources like magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed in the pattern of Letter and Application.
· The duration of the exam is 60 minutes’ carrying 100 marks.
· The level of questions is based on a 10th standard or higher secondary level.
· It is a qualifying exam stage
· The medium of paper should remain the same throughout, part of the paper in Hindi and part in English will not be evaluated
· The duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2019 has skill tests that are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
· Typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
· The test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
· Typing Test will be held in English or Hindi and candidates while registering for the Examination, will have to mention his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
· In this, the typing test will be of qualifying in nature.
· It will be managed on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency approved by the Commission.
· Candidates who opt for English medium should possess a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
· Candidates who opt for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
· The speed will be decided on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
· Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be given 30 minutes.
Note: After conducting a skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be chosen based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL Final Selection
Final selection of SSC CHSL candidates will be made based on the combined score of the candidates in SSC CHSL Tier 1 and Tier 2.
Now that you have a clear idea of SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, pull up your socks and start your SSC CHSL preparation.
However, the first thing that you need to do is go through the SSC CHSL syllabus. You must have a clear knowledge of all the topics that are included under each section of the exam.
SSC CHSL Coaching, Govt Exam
Mangalore, Udupi, Puttur